The seed for Kew Gardens was sown in the exotic garden at Kew Park created by Lord Capel of Tewkesbury. George III enriched the gardens and later purchased Kew Palace in 1781 as a nursery for the royal children.
As well as 300 acres of gardens, Kew’s landmark buildings include the Palm House, built by architect Decimus Burton and iron-maker Richard Turner between 1844 and 1848, which was the first large-scale structural use of wrought iron. This was followed later that century by The Temperate house, which at twice the Palm House’s size is the largest Victorian glasshouse in existence. In 2003, the gardens were put on the list of World Heritage Sites.
Kew offers seven distinct and magnificent venues for private wedding hire.
Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
Venue Contact: Event Sales